Thursday 3 July 2014

Day 5 - Taringa to Mudjimba

Distance - 92 km 
Ascent - 198 m 
Average speed  - 22.9 km/hr
Difficulty - Easy

I cheated twice this morning. First, given my traffic issues yesterday I decided to commute to Strathpine and ride from there.  Second, I left most of my gear at Taringa.

I've done this trip numerous times.  You need to be careful in the section between Strathpine and Caboolture. It's a main road with plenty of traffic.  I then take the Old Gympie Road to Stevin Irwin Way and then cross the Bruce Highway on the way to Caloundra.  The Steve Irwin Way can be dangerous. There isn't much verge in places and the bridges are skinny, but when the traffic is light, its fine, as it was today.  About half way to Caloundra you turn left towards Kawana and then just take the coast road all the way to Mudjimba.  

I arrived just after lunch, and in good time. It's amazing the difference not having to cart a heap of gear and a tailwind will make.


Arrived and in good shape (kinda)



Resting


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home